IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 INFORMATION (released Friday, March 13, 2020; updated Friday, May 15, 2020): On Friday, May 15, 2020, the Board of Directors of Out of Bounds New York City decided to suspend all official NYC LGBT Sports Network operations, including physical in-person events, until further notice. We will not be scheduling any social events until public spaces, bars and restaurants reopen in New York City (see Governor Andrew Cuomo’s Executive Order “New York State on P.A.U.S.E.” for more information). On Monday, April 20, 2020, the New York City Government cancelled all permitted events through June 30, 2020. Also on Monday, April 20, 2020, Heritage of Pride announced that all physical in-person events for New York City Pride in June 2020 have been cancelled (see press release and Out Magazine article). Heritage of Pride plans to provide a virtual experience during pride weekend (June 26-28) (see their website at www.nycpride.org for details). For information about virtual events put on by New York’s LGBTQ+ community in the mean time, visit our Facebook calendar for a list of events. For events listed on our website or Facebook calendar that are organized by other organizers, please contact them directly to discuss cancellation and, if applicable, their refund policy due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Until then, we hope that everyone stays safe and healthy.
In addition to regular practices, scrimmages and competition, our network host social events, major competitions, and other special events in the local area throughout the year. Many athletes in our network also compete in competitions organized by outside organizations, such as the New York Marathon, New York City Triathlon, and competitions organized by LGBTQ+ organizations outside of the local area. Check this page regularly for information on upcoming social events and special events in the local area. Visit the websites and social media of the organizations in our network for information on their regular operations in the local area, and competition & special events outside of the local area. Check out our Facebook calendar for a more comprehensive list of events and to connect with athletes in our network on social media.
Our Next Network-Wide Social Event
ALL OF OUR IN-PERSON EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
General information about Boxers Chelsea Squad Sundays: Join LGBTQ+ athletes from our network at Boxers Chelsea for the next installment of the monthly “Squad Sunday” mixer hosted by Inita D on the Third Sunday of every month. There will be no cover for entry and the bar will be offering 2-for-1 drink specials and food specials. Must be 21 years of age or older to attend. More details to be announced soon.
Other Network News & Events (first news in reverse chronological order, then events in chronological order):
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Governor Andrew Cuomo has ordered all non-essential businesses in New York State to remain closed until further notice
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: The NYC Government has cancelled all permitted events through June 30
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: Heritage of Pride has cancelled all in-person pride events in June
- IMPORTANT BREAKING NEWS: New York Road Runners has cancelled all in-person events through August 15
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Second Sundays in Central Park on 6/14
- SAVE-THE-DATE: NYC LGBT Sports Network’s Monthly Mixer @ Boxers Chelsea Squad Sundays on 6/21 @ 5pm (Pride Month Edition)
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Second Sundays in Central Park on 7/12
- SAVE-THE-DATE: NYC LGBT Sports Network’s Monthly Mixer @ Boxers Chelsea Squad Sundays on 7/19 @ 5pm
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Second Sundays in Central Park on 8/9
- SAVE-THE-DATE: NYC LGBT Sports Network’s Monthly Mixer @ Boxers Chelsea Squad Sundays on 8/16 @ 5pm